(Equation for disaster: Regular Priced Wing - Customer Service - Speedy Service = Half Price Wings/ Half Azz Service)
It seems that may be the case at the College Park Buffalo Wild Wings. The hosting staff seemed to be on point, with friendly hellos and smiles as my co-workers and I walk through the door of the full but not crowded restaurant. We managed to be seated with no wait at a nice table for 5. That worked out perfectly. (Thumbs Up) Unfortunately that was the last thing to work out perfectly! The waiter, Mike came over and asked for drink orders, which we happily gave him. When he returned with the drinks I noticed that he was reading the order pad like a "step by step manual". (Note: there were only 5ppl at the table). We didn't loose hope just yet. Mike took the wing order at about 12:40pm. The order totaled 60 wings and 6 different sauces, not really a difficult order for a Wing Spot, you would think. 15 minutes passed and the Jeopardy theme music begins to play! (Strike 1)We all turned to each other after 25 minutes asking "Didn't we JUST order Wings?" (Stike 2) After 35 minutes (during the lunch rush!) 36 of the 60 Wings arrived. (Stike 4) "Who brings some of the order, when we all ordered the same thing??? It's just wings? We weren't aware that we should have estimated a 2-3 minute wait per wing!
Very hungry and frustrated with the amount of time it took to get 60 wings, I realize he only brought 3/4 of the order. 2 ppls entire order was missing? But that is not the most annoying part at all. Mike is fumbling with the tray of wings and his trusty order "manual" trying to figure out, who ordered what? (Still ONLY 5ppl at the table). As if this situation isn't annoying enough Mike just failed Customer Service 101 and Food Service 100, he reached over my co-workers food to place more food on the table. (SCREAMINGGGG on the inside) FLAG ON THE PLAY!!!!!!! PERSONAL FOUL!!!!! We all looked at each other wondering if he realizes how WRONG he was???? I don't think so, but we are still waiting on the rest of the order?
40 minutes into this "quick lunch" the last of the order arrives, but Mike has forgotten the 60 cent blue chesse my co-worker ordered! (Yes they charge $0.60 a for the dressing, $0.60 for the celery, and $0.60 for extra wing sauce). How do I know this you ask??? Because my wings that took 35 minutes to be prepared arrived barely warm and only halfway covered with sauce. (STRIKE 4, wait don't you only get 3 STRIKES?) After asking for additional sauce so I can finish up the cooks job and cover my wing, I was told I have to pay $0.60 for additional sauce. I promptly sent the wings back so that they could return them CORRECTLY (like the pretty picture on the menu, perhaps?)!!!!!! (Hmmmm, buffalo wings with no buffalo wing sauce?) Almost an hour into the "quick lunch" all the food has finally arrived and we are finally eating, but none of the drinks have been re-filled, napkins and silverware have not made an appearance yet, and to top it all off, Where is waiter? "It's like Where is Waldo". He never bothered to check back with the table to see if we needed anything, if the food was ok, NOTHING. We all canvassed the restaurant until we spoted our waiter moonlighting as a bar back (filling the drink stations with ice). We flagged him down to get silverware, napkins, and drink re-fills. Geees I'm exhausted at this point! I can barely enjoy the luke warm wings, and yes they came back from the kitchen luke warm a second time. Oh yeah I had a side salad too, but it was so non-discript I forgot to mention it. A saucer with a few pieces of Iceberg lettuce, a teaspoon of diced tomato, a dash of shredded cheese, 2 onion rings, and 3 croutons (yes I said 3). Shameful, how is it Mc Donald's and Wendy's can turn out a better salad than a restaurant? The consensus at the table is that Half Price wings is not worth Half Azzz Service. I am stamping the entire experience DECLINED (Waste of Time).
Rating
Customer Service: 1Quality of Food: 2
Atomosphere: 2
Entertainment: 2
Overall Expirence: 1.75

Major flag on the play with the "reaching across the food" move. I certainly don't want to watch your nasty sleeve covered in who knows what drag across my plate of food. Really, Mike? Really? The plate would have went back.
ReplyDelete