I was cordially invited to celebrate a friend's 25th birthday at
"HalfNote Restaurant and Lounge" in Bowie, MD. The weather was great, a perfect day to be "out & about". Arrived on-time (6:30 pm) for my reservation of 16 ppl, however the venue was not exactly ready for seating. No biggie, the entire party was seated in the next 10 mins. All was well until the water for the table arrived with coffee stirs instead of straws.
(Strike 1). I simply asked for a regular straw and moved on with my stimulating conversation with the group. Then I was interrupted by the hostess asking to borrow my menu???? (raised eyebrow) I think to myself, why don't they have enough menus for the tables in the restaurant? (Strike 2) However the goal of the night is to celebrate with my girl's birthday so, I move forward. Orderd my food (Fried Shrimp and Collard Greens). My food was very tasty. (Thumbs up) However the consensus at the table (7ppl out of 16ppl) was that the food was good but the plate was piping hot and the food was barely warm. (Warning).
There was a live band "Jazz Chronicles", which was great!
(2 Thumbs Up). The management at HalfNote needs a course in Management 101, while the staff could use a refresher course in customer service 101. However I haven't written them completely off because the entertainment and the quality of the food are very good. Hopefully they will step up the service to match their price Tag!!!!!!- You can't have a $600 V.I.P section and operate your venue like a carry-out. No offence to Carry-outs (Disclaimer). We will add them to the Under Contruction List, and hope they renovate based on the above review. Please feel free to share your expirence (good /bad) or comment
RATING
Customer Service: 2
Quality of Food: 3
Atmosphere:4
Entertainment: 4
Overall Expirence: 2.5
Scale: 5- Inferno HOT 4- Blazzing HOT 3-HOT Spot 2- A dull FLICKER 1-No SPARK
No comments:
Post a Comment