Monday, August 2, 2010

8/1/2010: Take me out to the Ballpark: Nationals vs Phillies

Almost a "W", but the Washington Nationals just couldn't bring home the WIN. I happily attended the 1:00pm game at Nationals Park to see the Nat's finish up a 3 game weekender with the Philadelphia Phillies. I had HIGH hopes for Teddy to win the "President's Race" and the Nat's to win the game, however neither came to pass. The weather was a catch 22, not hot but there were a few showers. Not a bad day to be at the ballpark.
Nationals Park has been reviewed many times in the Washington Post, however I have to disagree with the Post. My experience was GOOD, not Great, but also not bad. The ushers and concierge were helpful, but a little disturbed by having to redirect the fans during the rain. The Concessions staff was passable, and the 2 managers I spoke with were very helpful. The stadium has food for ALL, from a down home BBQ buffet in the Diamond Club to Fine Dining in the President's Club with an appropriate Price Tag $$$$. There is a wide variety of concessions stands as well from Kosher and Vegetarian to names you know (5 Guys, Ben's Chili Bowl, and Boardwalk Fries). I visited "The Pit" and had great mini sliders with a bag of peanuts. The Pit is equipped with pleasant staff and a great manager, who made my experience great, seeing as though it was beginning to rain and the manager went the extra mile to wrap my food so it wouldn't get wet. (Thumbs up Manager of "The Pit") About half way through the game the sun made an appearance for the second time during the game and I had to have some "Gifford's Ice Cream". It was so good, rich, creamy, and velvety. (YUM) The line for Ice Cream was "oh so long", but the staff handled it with ease, speedy service with a smile. It doesn't get any better (shout out to the staff at Gifford's Ice cream and the Amazing Manager that keeps the ciaos contained). Last but not least I'd like to give kudos to WMATA (The Metro). I am not a frequent rider of the METRO, however it was truly a pleasure yesterday. There was ample security (to keep the colorful customers under control), staff to direct you, prompt training service before and after the game. I know METRO hasn't been doing the best job in various area's lately but I have to give them 2 thumbs up for their command of the Baseball Transportation/ Crowds. I am stamping National Park "Quality Control Approved" and recommended for your next  family outing.

Rating
Customer Service: 4
Quality of Food: 4
Atmosphere: 4
Entertainment: 3.5 (The Nat's lost but it was a close game)
Overall Experience: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment